- Whole Lotta Shiftin' Goin' On
- January 27th, 2013
When I told people, "This is going to be an interesting year" a couple of months ago, I didn't realize that things were going to shift around so quickly! Lots of things have happened, so I'll throw this down in a list:
1) My dog, Erik, had hernia surgery recently. He's doing fine, although he's rather impatient to get out of his Megaphone of Shame (it's the largest head cone we could find in the store. Did I mention that he's only 9 months old?).
2) I'm back to being the only analyst on my contract at work for the second time this year. I did get an award last month, which was really nice, but I'm doing the work of about 2.5 people right now and I will be for until they can hire another analyst. I'm going to have done that for at least six months, if not longer, so it's definitely something I'm going to bring up during my annual review.
3) My responsibilities at work are changing because my project manager is trying to do more things that he's supposed to be doing himself. So, I'll get more responsibilities, more interaction with the client, and a bunch of experience that I haven't had yet. This is also something I'm going to bring up regarding my annual review because I want to be paid for the work that I'm doing.
4) I also am, apparently, ganging up with a co-worker on my contract to turn our contract into a flagship for the company regarding frameworks and processes. It's something that my company is looking to improve and both of us know what we're doing. It's going to take a bunch of work, but once we get it done it'll make things a boatload easier for everyone involved.
5) I definitely want to focus more on spending time with people, including my family. The trickiest thing to figure out is how to handle my dog for long trips. We're going to have to work more with him on crate training to make it happen, but he might have some separation anxiety, so we'll have to sort that out too.
6) I'm working on organizing my house. There has to be better ways of doing things than what we're currently doing. Ugh.
7) I'm also looking into doing music and maybe some online stuff as well. The catch there is I have to make time for it, learn stuff, and stick with it. Easier said than done right now because of the level of effort work takes, but we'll see how it goes.
That's it in a nutshell, but that's all I can roll with right now. I hope you guys are doing well!